Belize


Advertisement
Belize's flag
Central America Caribbean » Belize
December 30th 2010
Published: December 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our short time spent in Belize while on a cruise was absolutely fabulous. We hired a taxi to take us to Ladyville where we spent time with children in a preschool, and toured an orphanage. The teachers, principal and executive director where very friendly, and most welcoming. We taught the little ones about Canada, and enjoyed a circle time with them.I had many items for loot bags for the children. Most were saved for Christmas gifts. Another brother/sister team from the boat donated twenty NY backpacks. My girls spent a few hours in the cabin aboard the ship putting together the items to be delivered. This was likely the highlight of the cruise, as we really got to see the culture. The shops along the cruise pier were wonderful, although we didn't have time to look around too much. Belize is a place I will return to perhaps alone, perhaps with a daughter. We will volunteer at the orphanage for seven to ten days. Do not be afraid to browse outside the market. Many good shopping deals, and everyone is most friendly.
Sassifrass

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb