reduce, re-use, recycle


Advertisement
Published: July 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Mexico and Central America

point 0 Mexico city point 1 Oaxaca point 2 Puerto escondido point 3 San Cristobal de las Cases point 4 Palenque and El Panchan point 5 Merida point 6 Chichen Itza point 7 Tulum point 8 Playa del Carmen point 10 Isla de Holbox point 11 back to Tulum point 12 Caye Caulker, Belize Point 13 San Ignacio, Belize Point 14 Flores, Guatemala

yuck!yuck!yuck!

Garbage collecting from the drain spill in Canon del Sumidero, chiapas, Mexico
During my travels there are many things that upset me and rubbish is one of them. In Australia we are lucky enough to be at least partially aware of the dangers of human waste and this is obvious by the pristine beaches and landscapes...although we would all agree improvements still need to be made!
In Central America waste is a huge problem and making my way through the countryside on the old american school bus i noticed not just garbage but loads of men just sitting around! Very common in Belize...the women are working and the men are chillinĀ“...or discussing important matters!!!Meanwhile the fields and waterways are strewn with crap...plastic bottles and bags, glass and general shit... why cant they get off their butts and just pick it up?
There is more to it than that i know but if we all took responsibilty for our own actions maybe the natural world would stand a chance!
Wherever you are you can make a difference...from my mumĀ“s compost bin to re-using plastic water bottles, Gold coast re-cycling to chasing that piece of paper that just blew out your pocket...yeah you know!
Dont use plastic if you can help it...it doesnt go away and destroys our beautiful natural world!
In the Mayan culture the world as we know it is heading for a change. The end of this era dating back to approx 3114 BC, is due in december 2012. The prophecies dont predict an armageddon, as other texts! But an end of human selfishness. The next era will be one based on love and living with the natural environment more harmoniously. How interesting that these ancient prophecies seem so accurate.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb