Bring on the sun...burn


Advertisement
Published: December 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Woke up to a bright sunny morning for a change, sun shining, birds chirping. It has mostly been cloudy with only a few breaks during our first week. That was ok because we were so white that it gives us a chance to ease into the change from winter weather to warmer weather.

It's also nice because the construction workers next door are taking the day off so we take the opportunity to sit by the pool while it's quiet. The sun is super hot, we need to get into the pool every few minutes just to bear it.

We were a little disappointed about the noise from the construction next door, when we first got here we emailed the people who rented us the condo and sent a pretty strong complaint email about it, they should have told us, complaining is not really what we want to do on vacation - but we figured it was worth a shot to see if they would give us a discount on our rent and it worked! They offered us 50% off, so we took it and now we have some extra spending money to do some activities and get out of here while it's noisy.

So far all we've been doing is touring the village by foot and I think we've covered it all.

After sunning at the pool, we head out to the beach for a bit. There's a nice strong breeze coming in off the water making it feel cooler and some clouds roll in as we sit at the Barefoot Bar and listen to a Reggay (spelling?) band play for while. Really nice way to kill an afternoon.

We barely notice how sunburned we are until we get back to the condo. It's evident where we missed aplying our sunscreen and both have red streaks on the underside of our arms, Ian's chest is pretty pink and my nose is red like Rudolf! I guess I'll fit in well with the Christmas spirit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0166s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb