Chapter 10: Epilogue


Advertisement
Published: October 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Chapter Ten: Epilogue



Should you make the trek to Cayo Espanto?



If you are blessed with time to spare, flush with cash and see more coming in at an ever-increasing pace, most certainly you should. Money is less valuable to those who have more of it so its potential squandering is of less consequence. If you wish to shun other humans and be, as the ancient actress vamps, “I vant to be alone,” come here. If you desire over-the-top romantic dinners for two set in a secluded and amazingly romantic spot, this is a wonderful choice.



If you are merely well off, I would send you elsewhere. Las Ventanas in Cabo comes to mind; so does our annual spot at Novaispania at Cabo’s Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. You could get a four-bedroom house at Novaispania for a week for less money and there is more to do, more to see and, should you wish it, an opportunity to see other human beings while you’re there. Or not.



There is a hotel, maybe Sofitel and maybe not, a short boat ride from the cruise ship dock in Key West that I’d like to try. And, of course, if you have the time, Bora Bora or Moorea or the Maldives or something nice in Thailand would be a better choice and, most assuredly, a better value for the money. But, for those, you don’t fly for two hours; you fly for twenty.



Would I recommend that you come in October? If you are a sun worshipper and your idea of what to pack is a swimsuit and an abundance of sunscreen along with a gigantic floppy hat, absolutely not. Come in high season rather than rainy season. For me, with pale skin and a history of skin cancer, this was a great time to be here. The showers—both light and heavy—lent adventure and variety and a bit of romance. Except, of course, for that dastardly downpour that kicked off this adventure.





If you have made it this far, you alone are the most excellent judge of what you should do. However, we, I’d wager, will not be back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb