Hurricane Dean the day after


Advertisement
Barbados' flag
Central America Caribbean » Barbados
August 17th 2007
Published: August 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post


It was grey and overcast when we got up today - but it was still warm and Matthew was in the pool even though it was lashing it down with rain.

As it was raining we went shopping to Cave Shepherd in Holetown which was surprisingly good and then went up the West Coast to see if we could find the bay where the harbour master had stopped. On the way up we missed it, so we went to North Point and got some good pictures of the waves crashing on the coast and then onto River Bay. We then came back via the west coast and found the location at Oyster Bay.

On the way back we stopped for a picnic at the Chefette - bought a couple of items from them and then added in our own salt bread rolls. While we were here we explored the deserted hotel "The Regent" next to the Chefette. It was almost as if the hotel had just closed and everyone had left.... The pool was still full, though you wouldn't want to swim in it! Bizarre. It's in a great location the problem with it is that it doesn't appear to have any beach anymore (if ever?)








Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 69; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb