Wrecks found - fish and body boarding


Advertisement
Barbados' flag
Central America Caribbean » Barbados
August 14th 2007
Published: August 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post


We went to Rockley beach as we were intending on body boarding - but the sea was flat so we went back to Carlisle bay and swam out to the wrecks. In fact you can walk more than half way then we took the body boards the rest of the way as floatation devices. Its easy to spot where to go as the 4 buoys are surrounded by small boats with divers and snorkellers. We got to one buoy and the wreck was a little disappointing, small boat, some fish but not many... then we turned round and were surrounded by not hundreds bu thousands of fish! We were in about 20 to 30 foot of water but you could see all the way down to the bottom. The other buoy we visited had a massive wreck and loads of fish attached to it. People were snorkelling over it and they were throwing bread which was attracting them around you. We agreed to come back with one of those underwater disposable cameras.

We had lunch on benches near the beach - while being dive bombed by pooing pigeons. Then we went over to the Crane for some body boarding (another 2 hours in the sea). Then back to the pool and Pizza Man Doc for dinner.

Matthew was very tired, but his ears seem quite a lot better.

Tomorrow we have booked to go on the Harbour Master boat.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0906s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb