Christmas Celebrations . . .


Advertisement
Barbados' flag
Central America Caribbean » Barbados » Bridgetown
December 26th 2007
Published: December 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was a good day. After my explorations of Roseau, I went back on the ship and called home. Alexis & Kevin hosted everyone yesterday. I got to talk to Alexis & Mel & Lee & Mom. It was so good to talk to them all, hear their voices. I got emails from Brooks, Mich, Kristin, Kristi, Aunt Renee. I feel the love from home. Thanks.

Dinner in the mess was really good for once! Roast turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, breaded shrimp, even wine! It’s not mom’s homemade meal, but for the ship’s mess, it was great.

I went around giving out Christmas cards to friends. Work was dead last night. Only about 45 of my 200 teens came out. Not sure why. I also did some more work for Quentin (shopping specialist), which helps pass the time when the club is so quiet.

It was formal night and tons of crew went out to the disco. It was great! Best disco night here so far. I danced and danced, had some drinks and danced some more. Oh how I love dancing! Everybody was in such great spirits, so happy to be out and enjoying the evening and each other’s company. There are some really great people here and I’m enjoying them so much.

However, I am exhausted from the last two nights of celebrations. I was convinced by Logan to go to The Boatyard Beach Club today (we’re in Barbados). It was nice, but I spent most of the afternoon just sleeping on the beach. Nice place to nap though, I must say. I’m ready to rest though. Then we’ll all gear up for the New Year’s Parties!

Over the last couple weeks, I’d taken a bunch of photos in San Juan of the Christmas lights and decor. They’re included here too, along with all the party pics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Me & Shale at the DiscoMe & Shale at the Disco
Me & Shale at the Disco

Shale is from South Africa and works in the spa. She's a sweetheart.
Canadian Girls - Me & JustineCanadian Girls - Me & Justine
Canadian Girls - Me & Justine

Justine's from Ottawa and works in Camp Carnival, the youth department. I love this girl.
Local Kids - Me & JasonLocal Kids - Me & Jason
Local Kids - Me & Jason

Jason's the gift shop manager and comes all the way from Welland, Ontario. That's right. We've always lived 30 minutes from each other, but had to meet on a ship.


29th December 2007

Feliz Navidad!
Thinking of ya lots. Glad you had fun!
31st December 2007

merry-ness
looks like you had a very merry xmas! (and are set for a happy new year) all the best for 2008, and your floating family. miss you! andrea

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb