Enjoying Bimini!


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas
February 3rd 2014
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Dinghy ride to South Bimini. Dinghy ride to South Bimini. Dinghy ride to South Bimini.

I'll let Tony do the driving when we are new to a harbour.
Geo: 25.7167, -79.3

Bimini is fantastic! It's hot, the beach is gorgeous, the locals a friendly, and the food is to die for!!! We've tried conch salad in two conch shacks, I've had cracked conch at CJ's at the beach, and I tried the lunch special at Bimini Sands Resort which was honey glazed ham, peas and rice and mac&cheese…nothing has been a disappointment yet!

First things first. Let's talk more about FOOD. There is a wonderful women named Sister J who sells a huge variety of home cooked meals from her car everyday. This is what it's all about, folks! Her daily choices include: Fried Chicken, BBQ Chicken, Curry Chicken, Ribs, Turkey meatloaf, Fried Baracuda, Conch Rice, Peas and Rice, Fried plantains, Mac & Cheese, Coleslaw, green salad, corn, carrots and string beans, beet salad….and the list goes on!!!

There is so much food in one of her helpings that we get three meals out of it!! This is the way to go, and Tony is thrilled that he's been "on vacation" from cooking!

An interesting spot I visited is called "the dolphin house". This guy has built everything in his home for recycled materials. It's pretty impressive!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Parking the car...Parking the car...
Parking the car...

...at South Bimini Resort
Venturing out...Venturing out...
Venturing out...

Captain is more adventurous than first mate.
My FIRST conch!!My FIRST conch!!
My FIRST conch!!

Didn't even have to dive for this one…he was in the wrong place at the wrong time!!! (On the sandbar at low tide!!)
Back in the dinghy.Back in the dinghy.
Back in the dinghy.

There was a ray swimming around that I kept losing sight of…didn't want to steep on him…so logically, I got back into the dinghy.
Our Dinghy...Our Dinghy...
Our Dinghy...

…AKA "Desperation".


4th February 2014

Nice big one!

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0868s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb