Taking Mel & Jess to Atlantis . . .


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I’m a month and a day away from the end of this contract and going home. Meanwhile, something exciting is happening to help the time go by - my sister Melanie and her friend Jessica have come to cruise with me!!

The girls arrived yesterday when we were in Miami. They stepped on the ship and I immediately took care of them at the lobby bar! I had to work both in the afternoon and evening, but in between we had a lovely dinner in the dining room and then we closed the night in the crew bar.

Today is their first port and we’re in Nassau, Bahamas. Of the things to do, they wanted to see Atlantis. So we took the water taxi across to Paradise Island. At this point, I’m becoming a bit of an expert on the island and the resort, so amongst the guides’s commentary, I could add the things they left out!

We walked around the shopping area, through the hotel’s lobby and casino. We didn’t spend much time in the casino as Jess works at the one in Niagara and gets more than enough of that at home! We walked around and above the aquariums and of course took all of the standard photos around the resort.

Back in Nassau, we attempted to go to Senor Frogs for drinks, but with 6 ships in port, we didn’t care to wait. We can do plenty of drinking back on the ship! I was famished, so we stopped by Subway to grab me some food, only to run into my friend Liam, from last year on the Liberty - who Mel also spent time with! She actually spotted him and hugged him before I did! So that was a lovely little surprise.

I then left the girls to do some shopping on their own as I had to get back to the ship for work. It was a nice day, but we’re even more excited for the ones ahead!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb