Atlantis - The Lost Continent 2007


Advertisement
Published: November 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Wow! What a great day! It all started dreadfully early though...our alarm went off at 3:30 a.m. We made it to the airport and our flights through Miami and then on to Nassau went well. The flights are so short from Tampa there isn't even time for "Beverage Service". Basically, by the time you get in the air it's already time to come back down.

This is our second trip to Atlantis but Cannon was pretty young the last time (it was five years ago) so he is sure to enjoy it even more this time. One great addition since our last visit is the addition of "Aquaventure" a 63 acre water park which is incredible. We couldn't wait to try it out since we had done a little research prior to arriving and found out that to get to the top of the slides you don't even have to walk up steps like most water parks; you are propelled on a conveyor belt only to be plunged down or up the many different slides with twists and turns that you can't imagine.

As soon as we checked in with concierge we changed into our swimsuits and headed for the water. We had such a great time. My only complaint... it was so much fun being plunged down the water slide even though your rear end bangs against the bottom of the slide the whole way down. It all just happens so fast! I ended up with a sore rear end! I may just let Cannon and Gerry go tomorrow and I'll recover and just take photos.

Later in the day we went through "The Dig" to look at all the fish. There are some amazing creatures that live in the sea. The moray eels freaked me out a little (a lot). They are really green and scary and open and close their mouths constantly just waiting for the next meal. They also hide and wait for their prey. Talk about making your skin crawl.

This was really an enjoyable trip. We enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere and all three of us seemed to find that special something that we really enjoyed. I even spent a day at the pottery studio. The only downside was that when it was time to come home a tropical storm was headed for the Bahamas. As a precaution, the airport closed and no flights were allowed in or out for three days. So we made the best of it. We took advantage of the indoor activities like the arcade and the movie theatre. There was some rain and wind but nothing serious. On Friday, the airport reopened and the sun came out again but unfortunately we couldn't get out until Saturday. Cannon and Gerry spent time at "Aquaventure" and I relaxed and took some photos at the beach.






Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb