Ash's Bachelorette Cruise


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas » Nassau » Bahamas
January 20th 2008
Published: January 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On Thursday, Meagin, Anne, Ashley and I boarded the Carnival Sensation for our 3 day Bachelorette Extravaganza. The first day was kind of cold outside, so we spent our day exploring the ship, drinking, and then hitting up the clubs onboard that evening. The ship was quite interesting. Meagin was the only one of us that had cruised before(and it had been several years ago), so we didn't really know what to expect. I am pretty sure we walked into a 1970s roller rink with all of the flashing purple neon. It was a far cry from the elegant ship I had seen on "Titanic" and in my Cunard mailers. I guess thats what we get for deciding on a ship which was reviewed as "a floating trailer park". It was cheap, and we had fun, so I guess thats all that matters. We met several other bachelorette/bachelor parties onboard, and buddied up with one of the groups. The second day, we woke up, went for a walk on the top deck, and watched us dock in Nassau. After docking, we went down to our rooms to get ready for the beach. It took us long enough that we missed the crowd and were able to easily get off of the ship. We headed straight for Paradise Island, and the Atlantis in particular. However, we decided to take a water taxi that we had to wait on for about a half hour! As we were driven over to the island, one of the men working on the taxi served as our tour guide. He told us all about Nassau and the "celebrities" that owned homes on Paradise Island. Then, as we pulled up to dock, he took off his hat and asked for tips. He didn't just leave his hat out, he came to every person and looked at them to ensure everyone was guilted into tipping. If we would have wanted his services and not been a captive audience, it would have been okay, but we had already paid for the ride. Finally, we had made it to the Atlantis. Ashley had been dying to go to the pool and try out their water slide, as well as see the rest of the resort. We planned to spend the entire day there. However, upon arrival, we were informed that there was a $105/day charge to use the pool and beach! So, needless to say, we found a free beach. It was just a beautiful as the Atlantis, and FREE! There were guys selling coconuts filled with rum and juice for $10 with free refills, so we took advantage. The beach was beautiful, and so relaxing(except for the people selling junk, drugs, hair braiding, etc bothering you every 2 minutes). That night we went with one of the bachelor party groups out to Senor Frogs. It was a blast! Great music, awesome dancers, tons of fun! The drinks were a little pricey, so we didn't drink much. It didn't matter though. We had a great time dancing the night away and trying to teach some of the Bahaman men our "white girl" dance moves. We did a little "mc hammer, vanilla ice, roger rabbit, and picking up trash". Our last day was all on the ship. We relaxed out on the deck and got great tans. That night, we relaxed and had a few drinks in the lounge, followed by the Adult Comedian. It was an interesting trip. I'm not sure I would want to cruise again(I didn't think it would be my thing from the beginning though), but it was great for what we did.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Girls on Paradise IslandGirls on Paradise Island
Girls on Paradise Island

too bad some of our eyes are closed


Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb