Cable Beach - The Bahamas


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas » Nassau » Bahamas
June 14th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

From Miami we flew to the island of New Providence in The Bahamas, where we spent 9 nights at a resort on Cable Beach. For the first few days the resort was overrun with college kids on holidays. Not sure how they could afford it at their age as it wasn't a budget resort, but since it was an all inclusive place (food and alcohol as well as beach activities) they sure got their money's worth as most of them were a bit under the weather most of the time and there was a constant line at the pool bar. Unfortunately our choice of resort wasn't the best and we moved rooms twice in the first 3 days due to various problems with the rooms. After a heavy tropical downpour all the rooms on the ground floor were flooded (luckily we were on the 2nd floor) and there was a queue of unhappy people at Reception complaining that all their luggage was wet and they had no hot water as one of the pipes must have burst. At this stage we decided to put up with our room even though it still wasn't ideal.

The weather wasn't great for the the first 3 or 4 days with some tropical storms interrupting our beach routine, but after that it cleared up and we had 4 near perfect days to finish our stay. Apart from venturing into the town of Nassau (which was small and lacking in any real highlights), one wet afternoon, we did very little except lay around on the beach. Guy did go sailboarding a couple of times (and he was very impressive too), and we also ventured out on a catamaran a couple of times as well as visiting the gym most days to try and work off some of the food and drink. But apart from that our days were spent just lazing around in the sun, swimming, reading and sleeping most of the time with visits to the pool bar in between.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Guy's view of the BahamasGuy's view of the Bahamas
Guy's view of the Bahamas

He didn't move much from this position as Sharon did all the fetching of the drinks and food.


14th July 2007

Guy's Legs
Hey Guy, no more photos of your legs please. Buildings, sunsets, are ok, even a shot of you and Sharon; but nobody wants to see your legs anymore!!
19th July 2007

Guy's legs
Chad you are hard to please!

Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.102s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb