FREEDOM SEA DAY


Advertisement
Published: April 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Freedom Sea Day.

This is our first full sea day and I planned to have breakfast and play a little poker at 10:45. Heard MaryLu wandering around so got up and stretched and sat down to write the blog. I am having trouble logging in so I’ll have to find a hot spot. MaryLu flabbergasted me with the information that it was 9:50. I haven’t slept that late in months. The dining room was closed so we went to the Windjammer and low and behold they have my smoked salmon too. That along with fruit, juice and coffee set me up for the day. We went to the casino where there was actually and game in progress and I was able to sit in. When it broke up I was ahead $13.
Observations on RCL: Fresh squeezed orange juice is offered for a price starting at $2.50. Ben and Jerry’s prices start at $2.50. Cappuccino is extra in the dining room at $3.50. The pool areas are crowded as can be expected given the number of guests. The ship’s WIFI is not friendly to Apple. I have been unable to connect to the web, which is a real pain since I write off line. Instead of this being a “Live” blog, it may end up being a review. Still, I’ll keep trying. FINALLY! Now everything will be late and out of sequence but it’s OK! The water in the showerhead in our bathroom comes out like a fire hose and is NOT adjustable. I get a shower and defoliation at the same time. Have I mentioned that this is a REALLY BIG SHIP!
This was a day of R&R for me. I found a quiet spot on deck 3 and settle into a lounge chair. The sound of the water rushing by was soothing. I blogged, read, napped the afternoon away and then got ready for our special dinner at Portofino, RCL’s Italian restaurant.
We were shown to a corner table by the windows where we had a great view of the sunset. I ordered a bottle of Australian Chardonnay and it was by far the best I have ever tasted. I’ll have to go back for the name. My Italian grilled lamb chops were outstanding and the tiramisu, served in a chocolate bowl was decadent.
Feeling well fed we headed for the showroom. The performer, a black kid from the projects of Tampa, was inspired to be an entertainer by Michael Jackson. He was very good, doing tributes to Bo Jangles, Sammy Davis Jr. and Michael. Very entertaining.
By then I was ready to turn in while Bill, Ann and MaryLu went to the Promenade to see the Seventies Street Party. I hear it was fun!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb