Aruba Trip


Advertisement
Aruba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Aruba
January 4th 2007
Published: January 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Aruba Resort ViewAruba Resort ViewAruba Resort View

Looking out from our balcony overlooking the pool area
Heading west from Leesburg, we spent some time in Crystal River, where it was warm and muggy during our entire stay. We visited Homasassa Springs Wildlife Park and saw our first manatees. We then parked the bus at Marathon’s facility near Tampa and flew to Aruba on a timeshare exchange.

Arrival was on a bright sunny day with temperatures in the mid 80’s. The weather was the same through the week with only an occasional passing shower. Our resort was on Eagle Beach, a pristine white beach with no seaweed or jellyfish and crystal clear, beautiful turquoise water. We went in the water almost every day.

Aruba is a small, arid island about 6 miles wide by 26 miles long, and mostly flat. A great deal of the island is set aside as a National Park. The prime attraction is the beautiful weather, gorgeous beaches, restaurants, shopping, and several casinos.

The Aruban currency is the florin, but the U.S. dollar is accepted everywhere. Prices on the island were comparable to the US except for gasoline, which was much more expensive. Aruba’s drinking water is produced by the world’s second-largest desalination facility, and it tasted very good.

The
Colorado LighthouseColorado LighthouseColorado Lighthouse

Named after a ship, located on the north end of the island
island does support some 200 wild donkeys (we didn’t see any), and a large population of iguanas, which the natives consider a pest. Spotted around the large pool areas were iguanas of 1 to 3 feet in length; however, they can grow to as long as 6 feet. They would change color from tan to bright green.

After we returned from Aruba, our next stop was the Riverbend Motorcoach Resort near Ft. Myers, for a month-long stay.








Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Eagle BeachEagle Beach
Eagle Beach

Warm turquoise water and clean, white sand
Poolside IguanaPoolside Iguana
Poolside Iguana

Not too shy, these guys hung out around the pool area
Poolside Iguana 2Poolside Iguana 2
Poolside Iguana 2

They can change color to this bright green, probably better to hide in the foliage
Black SwanBlack Swan
Black Swan

We found this pretty one swimming in a lagoon at another resort we walked through


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb