September to November 06


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
January 2nd 2007
Published: January 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Solar TelescopeSolar TelescopeSolar Telescope

Huge solar telescope built into the mountain at Kitt's Peak, near Tucson
A little blog hiccup as we "lost" one entry and haven't posted for a while.

We left Alberta in late September and crossed the border into Montana. After a 3-day drive, with nights spent in Montana and Idaho rest stops, we arrived in Las Vegas for a little playtime. The bus was washed and waxed and we enjoyed the desert heat after the Canadian chill. By coincidence, Alan’s nephew Michael was visiting a friend in town, so we all met for dinner one night.

We then headed for Tucson to visit Alan's dad for a month. We had to have a security inspection of the bus before we could drive across the Hoover Dam. A new bridge being built just south of the dam will solve that problem in a couple of years. The massive construction project has been delayed by strong winds which actually blew down one of the cranes. Kitt's Peak Observatory and Kartchner Caverns were on our agenda while in Tucson, both being recommended visits if you're heading that way.

November brought us back to Dallas for service work on the bus, to spend some time with Dan, and to visit friends and doctors. It’s
Topsail BeachTopsail BeachTopsail Beach

Squeaky quartz sand at a beach near Destin, FL
funny to drive by your old house and think about the new family living there, with 2 babies and a play fort in the backyard.

Austin was next, to visit with Stephen, before we headed east to Florida. Our first overnight stop was at a casino/RV park not too far from Lake Charles, LA. (OK, we lost this time.) Then we spent 3 nights at a lovely state park at Topsail Beach near Destin, FL before heading to Leesburg to visit Diane’s parents. We spent Thanksgiving week with them and had a great visit.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 71; dbt: 0.1532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb