Saturday in Aruba


Advertisement
Aruba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Aruba
September 28th 2019
Published: September 29th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Dear friends and family,It's really been fascinating how much quickly these days are whizzing by when compared to at home, which seem so full. It is dark (sun goes down around 6:30) and hot on the lanai, with stars shining, and more Peruvian pan pipes playing. The wind has picked up, but not much. It got to about 94 today.Basically we awoke bright and eager for adventure - so took a short walk on the beach. Had interesting chat with American couple just retired who own a home nearby in Aruba, and have been coming for years. they had owned with Blue Green but sold all but one week, so that they can still come out every day and sit on Eagle Beach. they had decorated their pallappa hut with flags from all the states they and friends visiting were from. Must have taken a while. They don't snorkel. What do they do for 6 mos?!Photos are from yet another drift snorkel at Mangel Halto, so relaxing. No eels this time, but the ocean triggerfish was seen. Then we wandered around Spanish Lagoon looking for birdlife, and waiting until 2 so we could see Michel for lunch at Zeerover. The line was so long, and we had split a cappucino, so we just gave him a hug and returned to the ranch for our usual cheese and tomato sandwiches. You heard that right, John and Robin, we have not eaten at Zeerover, not once!!!!Had short nap and met Francis and Gerardo at Arashi, but we were only in for about an hour - Francis' mask was hurting. Without a strong current past the corals, it is another delightful place. We are invited to Francis' house for dinner tomorrow night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.43s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 76; dbt: 0.119s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb