Friday the 27th


Advertisement
Aruba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Aruba
September 27th 2019
Published: September 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

There was hardly a cloud in the sky, and the winds were up almost to normal, so the day was lovely. The first photo is the view from our "no view" room. Surely good enough to enjoy breakfast on the balcony.

We had promised to pick Jess up at her new digs and do a drift snorkel at Mangel Halto. To give you some background. Jess is around 30, traveling on her own, and we met at Mangel Halto and again at Arashi. She has no car and is very interested in snorkeling so.... Today was a great drift, with the beginning of a current right from the start. Another ocean trigger fish! Just for fun we hopped in again at the end of the mangrove area and did a little circle.

then off to pick up Linda Schwengle, who had almost canceled because she now has the cold that son Michel had when we saw him earlier this week. We all went to a nice restaurant in San Nicholas she recommended. 2 had grouper fish and chips, and 2 had goat curry. It was wonderful, everything was.

Then off to Baby Beach just to float and bob around. We left Jess there to catch a later bus, and we headed to Aqua Windi's to buy another snorkel tube, for mine was dropped into the sea somewhere at the end of the drift 😞 Then immediately to the "infinity pool" entrance of Boca and a calm, warm end of the day, with THREE eels and a ginormous cornet fish that went on and on with his bright spots.

Sunset wasn't as beautiful as earlier in the week when there was more cloud cover. Back for a cheese and tomato sandwich supper. And early to bed!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb