Sunday - relaxing day spent at the pool and beach; wonderful dinner at Gostoso for a perfect ending.


Advertisement
Published: July 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Just what the doctor ordered: we spent the first part of the day at the adult pool enjoying a hot, sunny day. Then after lunch we hit the beach for the first time. The beach and water are beautiful and I'll be sure to post some pictures as the week goes on.

Some entertainment was provided at the pool by various lizards/iguanas that come around and make sure you haven't dropped anything edible. At one point, Patti attracted some unwanted attention when she tried to eat a banana... and suddenly had a couple of very close reptilian friends!

The beach was pretty crowded, but that just made the people-watching that much more fun. All I can say is that there are a LOT of BIG disparities between the bodies some swimming suits are made for, and the actual bodies of the people wearing them.

We finished the day with a most excellent meal at Gostoso in the town of Oranjestad. The very friendly owner stopped by our table and spoke with us for a while, telling us how his restaurant started out. If you're in Aruba, make sure to give this place a try - the menu selection is huge, with many unique items.

2 notes to people I hope are reading this: to my trainer, Kristi - day 1 and I went to the gym this morning and did my cardio done! Let's see how long this lasts...

And to Debbie at Meyers Management in Pittsburgh: THANK YOU for the Gostoso recommendation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

And how could we let the day end ....And how could we let the day end ....
And how could we let the day end ....

... without a picture of Craig accosting Patti.


20th July 2016

Restaurants
If you can another place is go is El Gaucho...the food is also delicious there and glad you like one of the places I said to go

Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0969s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb