Thursday already


Advertisement
Aruba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Aruba » Eagle Beach
September 23rd 2021
Published: September 24th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Thursday already!?

We tried the Tres Tapis (3 steps) entry to hunt for turtles today, and we can see why this is gaining in popularity since they installed a few palapas and signage – the swim out to the seagrass is not as far as from the entrance at Boca Catalina. We were out there with about 6 other people at 8 am and found 6 turtles before coming into the shallower water and cruising around the sandy areas. We were lucky to see yet another flying gurnard (we’ve called them Bandtailed sea robins too, but think the flying gurnard might be more accurate). Also proof that these sweet little trunkfish are carnivores – nibbling on all sorts of fish heads and skeletons (fisherman tossing back the heads?)

Having skipped breakfast for our early start, we came back to the rancho for early lunch of tomato and gouda sandwiches and a nap.

Returned to the sea around 3, this time to what we have always called “the infinity pool,” after the amazing rental place on the corner with one of those. Amazing visibility and all the boats of tourist were just leaving. Except for a handful of people, including 2 long-distance swimmers towing blow up balloon warning bags.

What, fish curry again!? Yes, and it was tasty with raisins, peanuts and sliced bananas.

We finished the anniversary bottle of wine with it. No wonder I'm sleepy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0898s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb