"Darren has a desire to learn, but not just from books, he wants to touch, smell, taste, hear and see the world. He loves interacting with people from different backgrounds and cultures and likes the challenge of getting to remote and unusual places. He is an outgoing and confident traveler that is always looking to take a step beyond the norm, often leaving him to face bizarre and unusual situations. Darren's blog has proven to be a big hit on the Internet and many people have requested that he write a book about the places he has visited together with the bizarre and unusual situations that he has found himself in" (ONET Polish Travel & Entertainment Magazine/Website , www.onet.pl, 14th March 2009).
VISIT MY FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/GoBackpack.blog/
. My travel video landed me a shout out on CityBeat 103.2fm on 19/11/2017 by presenter Jazzy J Acharya ... how awesome is that!!
- My travel video passes 100,000 views. Check it out https://www.facebook.com/GoBackpack.blog/
- Referenced in Aug/Sep US National Geographic Magazine (2 pages!!!!)
- Telephone interviewed National Geographic.
- ONET published my photos and blogs!
- EUfrika published my photos!
- Prochlapa Czech men's magazine requested to translate and publish my blogs
- Assisted CNN write a story about people that travel potentially dangerous places.
- My 'Lost City' Blog used for USA graduate level course in RAFT writing strategy.
- Recommended by OneYearOff.Net as 'Inspiring Travel Blog'
- Received a photography reward from Travelblog.org
- Entered into travel writers hall of Fame, TravelBlogs highest accolade, beating 300,000 Bloggers!
Almost 90,000 Blog viws.... I only started writing this for friends and family... amazing!
Accumulated Time On the Road: 48 Months
(Wish I had written blogs for my first 12 months!)
01/11/2017 MY BLOG IS SLIGHTLY OUT OF DATE... I HAVE OVER 20 MORE STORIES TO ADD SOON.
My Countries; Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, India, China, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil, South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Rwanda, DRC, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan, Egypt, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama. Also visited: Spain, Greece, Portugal, Netherlands and so many more....
Backpacked South East Asia
Backpacked India & China
Backpacked South America - Solo.
Hitch Hiked Cape To Cairo - Solo.
Backpacked Central America - Solo.