"Darren has a desire to learn, but not just from books, he wants to touch, smell, taste, hear and see the world. He loves interacting with people from different backgrounds and cultures and likes the challenge of getting to remote and unusual places. He is an outgoing and confident traveler that is always looking to take a step beyond the norm, often leaving him to face bizarre and unusual situations. Darren's blog has proven to be a big hit on the Internet and many people have requested that he write a book about the places he has visited together with the bizarre and unusual situations that he has found himself in" (ONET Polish Travel & Entertainment Magazine/Website , www.onet.pl, 14th March 2009).
MY WEBSITE: http://thetravelspirit.wordpress.com/
- Referenced in Aug/Sep US National Geographic Magazine (2 pages!!!!)
- Telephone interviewed National Geographic.
- ONET published my photos and blogs!
- EUfrika published my photos!
- Prochlapa Czech men's magazine requested to translate and publish my blogs
- Assisted CNN write a story about people that travel potentially dangerous places.
- My 'Lost City' Blog used for USA graduate level course in RAFT writing strategy.
- Recommended by OneYearOff.Net as 'Inspiring Travel Blog'
- Received a photography reward from Travelblog.org
- Entered into travel writers hall of Fame, TravelBlogs highest accolade, beating 300,000 Bloggers!
Quickly approaching 80,000 visitors to my blog!
Responded to over 800 emails on 'How To' travel advice.
Regularly post travel advice on the Lonely Planet Thorntree
Accumulated Time On the Road: 34 Months
(Wish I had written blogs for my first 12 months!)
My Countries; Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, India, China, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil, South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Rwanda, DRC, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan, Egypt....
JUST COMPLETED CAPE TO CAIRO OVERLAND ON PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION - SOLO!