Complete Guide for First Time Air Travelers with EaseMyTrip


Advertisement
Asia
November 30th 2015
Published: November 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

If you are a first-time flyer, then air travel may seem like an overwhelming activity for you. There will be a mix of excitement and thrill in your heart. Several questions must be coming in mind, including from where to buy a ticket, what you get to face on the airport and so on. Although these questions are not going to leave you until you don’t board your flight. However, you should stop worrying as your fly will be successful if you can read and ask questions. Explore the below written article to make your first fly less tense. The article will help you in getting an idea of what to do and how to plan your first air travel.

Book Flight Tickets: Search flight tickets for multiple dates and times online or through any good flight booking app. You will get a fair idea of airfares by using good search engines like EaseMyTrip and EaseMyTrip travel app . Write your departure and return journey date and city, and the search engine will give you wide options for flights to fit your measures. If you are ready to book a flight ticket, follow the booking instructions and get it booked.

Get a Photo I’d: No matter where you are traveling, you will anyways need a photo identification card. This I’d card can be PAN card, driver's license, Voter ID Card and passport. If you are flying to an international destination, you will definitely need your passport ready. Passport should have a validity of 6 months from the date of departure.

Explore Baggage Allowance: Most of the airlines allow the passengers bringing one carry-on item and one personal item. Read baggage policy of your airline very carefully and don’t carry anything that is prohibited by the airline you are traveling. Pay attention to the fees for the checked bags along with weight limit and make sure that you exceed to them.

Pack Your Carry-On Bag Wisely: The bag you have to take along on plane should not have liquid of more than 100 ml. It should be kept in sealable and transparent plastic bag. This allows security officers to clear the items very quickly. Agents will take away any liquids or gels that do not stick on to this policy.

Arrive Early at the Airport: If you are traveling on an airplane for the first time, reach the airport with extra time and get acquainted with the process. There are multiple formalities that you have to come across. So, take a wise decision and arrive soon. Arrive at least 2 hours prior to the departure of domestic flight and 3 hours of an international flight.

Check-in at the Airline Desk: Reach to the check-in desks of your airline and keep your photo id card ready to present to the representative. He will help in printing boarding passes and instruct for baggage. If you already have not chosen seats your seats while booking, you can ask for the same right away. Here, your baggage will be tagged and placed on a conveyor for bringing to the plane. Get your boarding passes and move on.

Understand Security Requirements: Follow the security measures and carry on to the line. You will have to show your ID card and boarding pass at the security checkpoint. Place your laptop and mobile phone into a different bin and keep it for checking. When your carry-on has been detected through the metal detector, retrieve your items.

Locate Your Gate: Your boarding pass will have a gate number else you will be told about the same. If both are not, then check electronic displays to locate your flight and gate number.

Collect Baggageon Arrival: When your flight lands, you will hear the location of your baggage claim. On you land, stand with other passengers until the conveyor starts moving and your bag finally arrives.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb