Looking for a "Date"


Advertisement
Asia
July 7th 2015
Published: July 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

In Matsushima where kaki (oysters) abound, the water has long receded after the tsunami. The coastal cities are starting to regain stability. It was very hard for many, but the Japanese are a strong proud people. Found a date, a man of culture, compassion and a fierce warrior. A rather sexy one eyed samurai stud, Date Masamune. I was very taken by the fact that he was not just a sword carrying samurai. Very proud to have him in our family tree.

It is still early in the summer season. The crowds are still small and the normal street vendors have yet to open their stands. Cannot recall the last time I had awabi (abalone).

Today's tip (s):
Shinkansen (the bullet trains) are very fast. But the local trains give you time to see, hear and smell the local culture.
Lockers: Use them! Makes life really easy. Available at train stations and most attractions.
Towel: make sure to bring a small hand towel. The public facilities are impressive but most do not have paper towels.
If you don't want to get wet and you can't read Japanese or figure out the pictured instruction "ask", those toilets can be very intimidating!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb