Upper Dolpo Trekking


Advertisement
Asia
February 18th 2015
Published: February 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

This destination of trekking is one of the most remote, high pass and challenging destinations. Dolpo region lies between the Tibetan plateau in the north and the Dhaulagiri Himalaya Range in mid-western part of Nepal. This region is among the few inhabited places that are above 4000 meters from sea level.

Since 1984 it has been the country’s largest national park and conservation site. The Shey Phoksundo National Park sustains an abundance of endangered wildlife including musk deer, Himalayan Blue Sheep, Ghoral, Himalayan Black Bear and snow leopards.

The spiritual lake of Shey Phoksundo is one of the highest altitude lakes in the world. Kanjirowa Himalayan range, Ringmo village, monasteries, stupas and gompas are other important attractions for tourists. These natural and cultural wealth of the Dolpo region attract the visitors from all around the world. Because of that, this region has also been filmed in some international movies like The Himalaya and Caravan. Caravan was a huge success and was nominated for Oscar award in the best foreign language film category. The presentation on these movies and several other documentaries highlight on the typical Dolpo lifestyle, the ancient salt trade, local agriculture and culture of this region.

This upper dolpo trekking of 25 days brings you to the amazing trip to this isolated Himalayan region. It will be a once-in-a-life-time experience that nobody would like to miss. We are eager to welcome you to this remote trekking paradise. Please see the itinerary for details.

What is included



• All the transportation between airport and hotel
• 3 nights in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu (Hotel Tashidharke inn or any other hotel of similar standard)
• 20 nights in standard lodges/teahouses during the trek
• Welcome and farewell dinners
• All accommodation and meals during the stay in the trek
• All domestic flight fares and airport taxes
• An experienced English speaking guide and one porter for 2 persons each of the group
• All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS)
• All government and local taxes

Accomodations




3 star hotels in Kathmandu will be provided and in days during the trek you will have standard tea houses as accommodations. Rooms will be on twin sharing basis and you will be charged extra if you need a single room. Cases may be different for solo travelers and odd numbered groups or genetically different peoples travelling together. Standard teahouses will be provided during the trip days.

Meals




During a Tea House trek you will usually have breakfast and dinner in the Tea House, lunch will be eaten at one of the trail side restaurants. Every Tea House serves the traditional Nepali meal Dal Bhat (rice and lentils), as well as a variety of different food items, such as rice, vegetables, noodles, potatoes and soup. Some have Nepali versions of western food such as pizza, pasta and French fries. Soft drinks, snacks and beer are available in most of the Tea Houses and trail side restaurants. And of course Nepali milk tea is served everywhere.

Best Season




The best seasons to join this trek are autumn and spring. The weather is clear and views are breathtaking. Winter obviously is a good choice but you need to withstand strong colds. Summer or Monsoon will be affected by rainfalls but a good choice if you are into botany.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb