We've Arrived


Advertisement
Asia
October 11th 2014
Published: October 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Is this real?Is this real?Is this real?

We'd love to see New Zealand skylines looking like this. On the left are the two pavilions that make up the Gardens by the Bay - the Flower Dome and the Cloud Forest. The 'palm trees' on the right are light towers but one is a revolving restaurant.
We've only been in Singapore a couple of hours but already we are enjoying the heat...it's 6.30pm and 30 degreesC.

Su got picked on by authorities today but was relaxed about it all. First she went through Christchurch immigration which spotted that her passport was not signed so she had to do that in front of an officer, then she was not recorded as being on the flight. However, the boarding pass was correct so they let her through.

Then Su and Dik were called out over the loud speaker to report to the Singapore Airlines desk. Evidently there was something not quite right with Su's boarding details. Then it was decided all was OK. Then Su got pulled out of the line for a bag swab for explosives! Naturally they found nothing. Anyway, the rest of the processing went well.

The flight was very, very smooth and we were given amazing views across Oz....very red and dry...over Indonesia and after two meals and copious glasses of water, arrived at Changi Airport in Singapore.

The Singapore Stopover package swung into action and we were given free this and discounted that, and whisked away to the Peninsular Excelsoir.

Last time either Su or Dick were in Singapore it certainly didn't look like it does now! Wow, the buildings are amazing and construction sites are everywhere.

Tomorrow we explore.

Advertisement



11th October 2014

Just a little jealous...
As we wake up in dunedin, it's raining and maybe 7 degrees! Glad they let you in, enjoy yourselves. Look fwd to pix. Xxxxx
12th October 2014

Awesome
Hi Su and Dick, Sounds like you are having a great time already, trust Su to make things difficult at the airport! Take care Trish xx
13th October 2014

Glad you guys made it safe and sound! Looking forward to reading about your adventures!

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb