Taoism


Advertisement
Asia
October 29th 2013
Published: October 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

One religion that my class mates and I haven't covered was Taoism. Taoism is a very interesting religion that comes from China. This religion is an ancient tradition of philosophy and religious belief that is deeply rooted Chinese customs and worldview. This religion is very unique in a certain type of way. One way it is unique is because of how people who go under the Taoism way don't believe in god. It is not that they do not believe in god, it is just that they don't have a god to believe in. For Taoist, there is no superhuman who controls their lives or tells them what to do. They just believe in Tao, which is the thing that guides things on their way. Following on to how they believe the world came to be, they do not have a certain story for that. They don't have one because of how they don't have a god to believe in. Most of the rituals Taoist have is in temples. Taoist usually do tai-chi in order to keep the balance of the ying and the yang, or they might recite prayers in chants. The moral compasses are also pretty self explained too. Their moral code is a description of what the outcomes are of certain behaviors produced. That is a little something about Taoism.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb