'Waterfall'


Advertisement
Asia
January 21st 2013
Published: February 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Good morning whiskey head...

Trying somewhere new for breakfast we head over the bridge to a place with the restaurant upstairs, they have mattresse laid out for to veg and feast : ). The breakfast is epic and just what we need to shake of the Lao Lao. Get talking to a couple from Seattle in America, Aerin and Katie, swapping stories from each others travels.

Were all heading off in search of a waterfall we've been told about within walking distance.

We were told about the waterfall from our 'guides' in The caves, they said it was 1km further along the road.... 1 km turned into another 4kms before we found something vagley resembling a waterfall. It was nice though, walking there you walk through some small local villages where the children are playing along the street and the adults are haa vesting some local plant.

We waded through the water to get to a rocky beach and watched the local boys go spear fishing before braving the cold ourselves. The american couple make it along with a couple from Barnsley and we all soak up the sun. Wary that the sun disappears quite quick here and it gets dramatically colder after sunset we head off back to our village. The people from the other villages are much more talkative as we head back, one guy stopping us to show us his daughter and sit her on the pet dog, so cute.

Back just as sun is setting.

We meet up later for dinner together at subai subai, very relaxed restaurant with music playing, lovely food and great people working there, including the guy that was on the local bus with us from Luang Probang.

Its our final dinner together as Im ( as youve probably guessed by now Richard is off doing his own thing for the next few weeks) heading further north tomorrow and Julia and Jonas are heading back south, really become good friends with Julia and Jonas so it will sad to say good bye, but with promises of going to Germany on a visit its another adventure to look forward to. : )


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb