Hello Hanoi


Advertisement
Asia
January 12th 2013
Published: January 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Last few hours to take in Hoi life before we head to the airport.... Typical the sun comes out as we head off!

The flight is only 1hr 15. Landing in Hanoi is like landing at home the wind hits us, ooh this is not good hope everyone back in the UK is not enjoying this toooo much!

A 45 minute taxi ride through the maize of little back streets, the traffic is on the same level as HCMC. We have booked to stay at the sunshine hotel on Ma may street, within the old quarter, seems to be a good location with lots of hustle and bustle with the local shops and restaurants all crammed into any space possible, very much like Ho chin Ming.

Once settled in we wrap up and head out, we are very close to a lake called Hoan Kiem so we set off in search....didn't take long before it felt like we were heading round in circles so we opted for the local transport the cyclo to take us the rest of the way (probably the whole of 200m but they do travel quiet slow these things, mind you the guy was cycling with me and Richard in his chair, think I would have struggled!!!).

A nice walk around the lake and then some food before heading back to the hotel (walking this time). We spot a wicked backpacker den, Hanoi backpackers. This place has such a buzz, filled to the brim with travellers all on a massive, its ace. We also bump into Ben an Aussie we met in Hoi An.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb