Palawan's Underground River Tour - In the running to be a Nature wonder of the world


Advertisement
Asia
November 21st 2011
Published: November 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we did a tour to the famous Palawan Underground River, in the running to be in the top 7 Wonders of Nature.

Did we have fun.... YES
Were we impressed.....meh.

After seeing the underground river Konglor, and seeing Phong Nha cave/river they all start to look the same. The only difference with this one was it was wider, and lots of bats. Like all caves there were many stalactites and stalagmite formations, bat poop....

It was cool... but its really no better then the other rivers. Should it be in the top 20 Wonders of Nature... Sure, but Top 7, we'd have to say no.

Some info about the river...
The Puerto Princesa subterranean river national park is one of the most important protected areas in the Philippines. It is designated as a core area of Palawan biosphere reserved.

The underground river is measured to be 8.2km. long. It is easily navigatble up to 4.3 km and is reputed to be the longest navigable Underground River in the world. The river flows directly into the sea. The lower half of the river is brackish and subject to tidal influence. The Underground River flowing into the sea and its associated tidal influence make it the most unique natural phenomena of its type to exist.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb