Kuta for a few days


Advertisement
Asia
October 22nd 2011
Published: October 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Kutas pretty boring if you aren't a surfer, or a big shopper.

When we got here we said that we'd treat ourselves to a little nicer room then we usually get. We walked around and coudlnt find anything. We settled on a room for 17$ that has aircon, tv etc. Thats cheaper than what we normally get!!

We went and bought some tv series and plan on watching them, relaxing by the pool, and sitting on the beach.

We wanted to get some American money switched to Indonesian Rupiahs instead of taking more out of the bank so we went to a couple money exhangers. The one wanted a really high comission so we walked away. We read in LP to be careful, and to not let them touch the money once you've counted it. After we counted it, he put it back in his hands and I saw at least one 500,000 bill flutter back below his desk towards him. I mentioned he dropped it and Tris said NOPE, and walked away. This is a common scam with money changers. We decided just to take money out of the machine rather than dealing with all the idiots.

We went to an internet cafe so i could print out our flight intierary and i made sure the print was set to black and white because its cheaper. Well part of it printed out a pinky color like the ink was running out and he wanted to charge me 50 cents a page... I said no and got mad, and said I'll show you what it would print like if it DID print color. The Airline name would ne orange, the headings would be this color... anyway he was mad at me an told me to never come back to his store.


Friggen people eh!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0915s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb