Gili Trawangan Day 2


Advertisement
Asia
October 8th 2011
Published: October 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our sleep was great. At night it cools right off so air con isn’t needed. In the morning we put on our suits again, and piled on the sunscreen.

We walked the road looking for the best deal on peddle bikes (the island is motor less, the only transport is peddle bikes or horse carriage). The first guy said 60,000 IDR for the day.. where everyone else wanted 100,000 IDR for the day…. So of course we went with the first dude. Our mistake. The bikes were CRAP, we should’ve forked over the extra few dollars for a decent bike. Both bikes needed air in the tires before we even took off.. we should’ve taken that as a sign. Anyway the first 10-15 minutes around the island was okay, but then it turned into soft sand. The pinner tires wouldn’t hold up so we had to walk. Tristan’s seat tossed back and the fender thing kept rubbing against the tire making it even harder to peddle, his gears kept changing automatically, and my tire went flat again. We found no decent swimming/snorkeling areas either so we gave up and took a horse carriage back and returned the bikes.

We walked down the beach a ways and set up at a beachfront restaurant for drinks and to snorkel. Snorkeling today was AMAZING. We saw tons of fish, and GIANT sea turtles. At one point it was just me and the turtle. The turtle was going up for air and it was floating there looking at me while I was looking at it, with the deep blue sea in the background. Tris said it would’ve made a spectacular photo. We saw about 5 turtles in total. We both agree that itw as probably one of the coolest things we've ever seen snorkelling.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb