Siem Reap - Pool Day


Advertisement
Asia
May 15th 2011
Published: May 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We went to a lovely bakery called Blue Pumpkin. I always go crazy when in a bakery wanting to taste everything.. everytime we leave one we end up spending way more then expected, and coming out with way more baking then needed. I will admit though, the pastries were really good.

It is really frusterating when it comes to moeny here. If your American bill isn't perfectly crisp no one will take it. If your bill has the smallest tear in it it is no good. The banks won't even exchange them. We have held on to a $5 bill that we got from the border for over a week because it had a tear. FINALLY.. we were at a busy resteraunt and they handed us the bill in one of those book thingers and left it on the table. We through the bill in and took off before they had a chance to see it.
Then today we had a $50 that we got from the bank, and no word of a lie the tear was maybe a mm long. We didn't even realize it was there until we went to buy bus tickets to Sisaphon and they said they wouldn't take it. So we left and tried a couple shops until finally someone said okay. From now on we are going to inspect EVERY bill we get back for change, and if it looks remotely old, or has a tear we will ask fora different one.

We headed back to the hotel and packed a bag and caught a tuk tuk to Aqua - the place with the pool. We were worried it was going to be packed but there were only 2 others there when we arrived. It was nice to just relax, lay around reading, and jump in the water when needed- which it was! It was 35 degrees today! My poor body got burnt even though I had sunscreen on. The rest of the afternoon we sat sitting and talking with Doug, the owner of Green Star. He showed up and had a few beers. We also chatted with an expat from Columbia. Expat is someone that lives in another country. He told us the best way to fly to South America is to fly to Cape Town, South Africa .. so maybe we will be going there. We'll have to see what the cheapest flight is when we are ready to leave Asia.

We had dinner at a place called Khmer Kitchen Resterant. It was written up on tripadvisor as someone's favorite so we thought we'd give it a try. We started with Khmer Dumplings, then I had a dish called Lap. Tris had noodle soup. I drank a Dragon Fruit shake and it was lovely. I don't know why I haven't tried one sooner.

Tris tried sugar cane juice today. It almost tastes like a light orange flavor. I only had a sip hence the name 'sugar' cane. My blood sugar would've flown through the roof.

After we walked around and decided to get massages. I love massages, they are so relaxing.

Back at the temples tomorrow, then its off to do a village homestay the next day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb