Ran through Thailand like my hair was on fire!


Advertisement
Asia
December 25th 2010
Published: December 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ahhhhhhhhhh Thailand....... We made a mad dash into Thailand and made our way straight out to Koi Phi Phi Don island so we could FINALLY dry out. Hahahhahahaaaa....It wasn't the wet season by the time we arrived in Thailand and so we are looking forward to some beach time and suuuuuuunshine! Phi Phi island is a tiny little island that I had visited yrs. ago when travelling with my seester through Thailand and like anything in life, has drastically changed given word of mouth about the beauty of this place. We made sure to get in our feed of fresh sea food, bbq's, cold beers and lazy days on the beautiful, but crowded, beaches too!

Koop and I took the time to head out with a group of randoms to check out the other islands, do some cliff jumping and snorkling, practice our handstands on the beach and just cruise around taking photos of the other unnihabitated islands! The west coast, that makes up the Andaman coast of Thailand is sooooo beautiful what with its lime stone cliffs, crystal clear water, white sand beaches and amazing sunshine!!! The pictures and postcards that you see of Thailand are always from this area.

So our day out in a long boat started with some snorkling and feeding monkeys, that was horrible...more on that another time! (Don't worry mom I didn't get bit or need any shots) But the cliff jumping was so good!!!! Koop was like a kid in a candy store not being able to get enough, LOL! I made sure to do 9m and 12m.....Koop OF COURSE had to be sure to do the 14m too. It was hilarious as we had to jump off the boat swim to the cliff and climb up the one side to jump off the other.......the climb up made sure that you jumped! It was dodgy as climbing up and wasn't an option to climb back down. Made for some good entertainment hearing some of the people talk themselves into doing it and screaming like 3yr olds on the way down:0) Once some of us had had our fill it was time to head off and cruise the islands eating lunch and feeding the leftovers to the fish.......ring a bell Kealey!!! OMG I still pee my pants every time I think about being here with you xo.....Stopped off at "the beach" that Alex Garland's "The Beach" was filmed at. Headed back to the Phi Phi Don just as the sun was going down and of course finished the day off with a big cheers and a cold beer!

We headed north on the amazing, comfy, clean night train north to Bangkok to cash in on some massages, cheap shopping, and of course CUUUUURRRY!!!! Yummmmmmmmm! Three nights in Bangkok gave us just over a week in Thailand before we headed to Cambodia. We wanted to be able to spend as much time in Cambodia as we could so we cut ourselves loose of Thailand pretty quick......just enough to give us a taste :0)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb