The Start of the Journey


Advertisement
Asia
December 21st 2010
Published: December 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Bali is one of the 14 000 islands that make up Indonesia, and sooooo far it is the best one we have been to. The people are unforgetable here! They smile soooooo much and all thou they work hard to sell you stuff they are just as happy to sit and visit and be friendly. They always smile, have an INCREDIBLE amount of culture and religion (they are hindu, so they are very respectful of eachother, animals, visitors and very very happy). They are also incredible wood and stone carvers, and the MOST unbelievable cooks!!!! Seriously, I have never had the smells and tastes and freshness of the food that is here! Not to mention spicy 😉 Also family and daily blessings of the home and work areas is of utmost importance! They smudge and put out offerings of food, water and incense numerous times throughout the day for their gods and good luck. They are a culture of cleanliness too, keeping their floors/walk ways and bodies very very clean!

So, so far I flew into the city Dempasar (which is on the island of Bali) and met Koop there. Soooooo good to see him again and feels like no time has past at all, but i have been told that I would get a very good price for him (had to ask around, just to know, hahahahaaha) then from Dempasar we hung out in Kuta which is a beach area just south of Dempasar for a few days of catchin up and talk talk talking! Then we went to a beautiful city called Ubud (pronounced Ubood) and then headed to some islands north of Bali.

The island we stayed at was called Gilli Meno (pronounced just like its spelt) They island was FANTASTIC!!!! To say the least! It is 1 of 3 tiny island.......ran the beach every morning and it only took 30min to run the whole thing. There are no vehicles, tvs, internet or motorbikes on the island so it was easy to find yourself solo on the beach. The water was soooo warm (like 27-29 degrees!) and the sun was hot hot hot.......had rains in the evenings to cool things down abit, but drank tons and tons of cold water everyday to stay hydrated. Laid on the beach and ate amazing fresh fish that had been caught only hrs, if that, before we ate. The fruit and flavours are unreal as well!!!! OMG I can't even begin to describe how good Coconut milkshakes are when made from a fresh coconut :0)

After 6 days and Koop getting very sick for a couple of those days (Denga Fever!), we have headed back to the island of Bali and are back in Ubud for a few nights to decide what we are doing next. Looks like we are going to try to get a cooking class in and then head off and do some diving!!!! SOOOOOOOO excited for that!!!! Haven't dove since Fiji and really excited about a wreck dive that is suppost to be amazing.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb