A month in India!


Advertisement
Asia
November 3rd 2010
Published: November 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Anyway, due to facebooks nuances and pikey nature, I will try using a proper medium as I should of from the start.
Well we have been in Diu (pronounced Jew - as taxi drivers shouted it at me as we arrived, how the fuck can they tell?) for a few days and it is a welcome relief. The touristy spots we went through to get here from up north we hellish pandemonium with a frentic pace of trying to rip you off. Along the way there was always amazing food, cheap but only one session of arse twitching,which if you know me is better than at home. Especially since I have averaged 1 .6 curries per day, mostly veg but chickens are killed fresh on every street corner so are probably better than pre-packed beauties at Tesco. Some great people too but to not pay too much tourist tax you have to work hard but tuk-tuk drivers (auto-rickshaws) are the main culprits and are 10 stone piss wet through so violence reaps best rewards.
Diu is a lovely little island off the west coast of Gujarat (next to Pakistan) which could rival any Asian paradise. It's an ex Portuguese colony so has churches/siesta/seafood/beer/sunset/scooters and all the niceities of the med with slashed prices. They are building up to Divali (hindu Christmas) and as it is the cheapest place for booze in india are expecting many revellers. Don't believe it as there is only two days to go. We are staying in the foreigners section of town in a Portuguese guest house. Everyone one is very friendly ( as in the most of India as long as they don't need to make a living off you).
After this we fly to Mumbai and back to hell till we get used to it again, then onto some caves and then to Goa. If you have read this far you must either be a true friend or bored sensless.
Nam ast ee!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb