First days in Thailand


Advertisement
Asia
July 2nd 2010
Published: July 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from Bangkok.
We arrived yesterday after 20 hours of planes and layovers. We spent 3 hours in Taipei Taiwan, and I'll just say they have some very interesting and blunt ways of advertising haha.

We took a taxi into Khoasan Road and walked around the markets before we got too hot and had to jump in the rooftop pool at our hostel. Went to the vendors right outside our hostel and had a scrumpdidiliumptious meal of pad thai and spring rolls for only 40 or so baht (just over $1). There are so many pretty colors here... even flying into bangkok, all of the farms and crop fields are so perfectly rectangular and the most vibrant colors of green.. seems almost like a painting.

Yesterday we went to sleep at around 6pm Thailand time because of how tired we were and woke up at about 5am this morning to it POURING rain. We took one walk around the block and came back DRENCHED. Atleast it's a warm rain although it will most likely hinder our ability to go explore the temples. We plan on moving (and by moving I mean walking, these tuktuk &taxi drivers are pretty relentless to get tourists' business) a little more down south from where we're stayin in Bangkok to go explore the grand palace, Wat Phra Kaew (emerald buddah), and Wat Pho (leaning buddah). Hopefully this rain will clear or else we will have to trek in the rain.

There are a lot of tourists here, mainly from Europe or Australia, haven't seen many American tourists (atleast haven't been able to tell from the tourists we've heard speak)... which is reassuring that we are not the only crazy ones since we didn't really come during the peak season.

Anyways, we haven't done much, but figured I would touch base considering I'm not sure of the next time we'll have computer access... so, farewell!

Kristin


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



10th July 2010

Jels
How amazing to read about you adventurous ladies! Good luck and send me a post card! xoxo, Felo
13th July 2010
Flowers for sale

Flowers
Are they real or fake flowers?
14th July 2010

real!

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb