Spring time blue


Advertisement
Asia
April 6th 2007
Published: May 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Awoke by heavy rain drop hitting on my window, that was what the area need, but it didn't last long, still it would gave hope to the hundred of tourists in town for a clear day, for the sky to open up. But...heavy wall of fog hanging outside the window this morning as it was the whole last week. God...I want to see the sun! Rain, we need rain, the whole Yunnan need rain, said 9 prefectures in the province already in serious situation with no rain fall. On the other hand...notice for water festival can be seen in the news, it will be a week away. Splash water festival is the only festival I dislike, don't mentionits the non-environmental method, it also uncivilise, selfishing...no matter what, I don't like it. The traditional way was sprinkling little water to the others with a tree leaf, to give blessing and good hope. And look at it now...it done with rude and cruel way by building their happiness on somebody suffering, like splashed with dirty water, ice cool water...! No...I don't like it. There was many Jilong ceremonies going on during the last few weeks, be it Hani or Yi, some are simple and some laid many tables on the street inside their village, for us...to drink and eat with them are welcome. More interesting was the one in Jinzhuzhai, with a drinking game all through the ceremony, two bowls acted as a shaker and with a chicken head inside, whoever standing on the direction where the chicken head pointed when the shaker had been opened had to drink, kids or adult could take part, a very happy and noisy game, no one ever complained on foul play, just swallowed the alcohol, great fun! And now is Qingming period, everyone was busy to pay visit to the graveyard of their ancestor, paper gold and silver could be seen selling in every street corner, fire cracker sound floating through the air from time to time. Didn't know when this custom began...they like to invited friend along to paid respected to their ancestor, and the one being invited got to bring gift(mean money) to the hosts for dinner after visiting the graveyard, heard it could be a big time to big income, in another sense...bribery! oh...fog fog fog....when will it end!!!!???


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb