And now for something completely different...


Advertisement
Asia
May 26th 2010
Published: May 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Li RiverLi RiverLi River

The back of the 20 yuan note!

What have we learnt in the last little while..



1. If you get a spider bite, or any sort of bite get it checked out by the doctor EARLY. The result isn't so fun.

2. Double beds appear not to exist in China, after 12 nights we are still to check into a hotel that has them.

3. Beer in China is weaker than elsewhere.

4. Fire Water (i.e. spirits) is stronger than elsewhere.

5. There are many many many minority groups in China - might sound bizarre that we were unaware of this but we were.

6. The Yunnan province in China is incredibly beautiful, certainly recommend anyone to visit.

7. Yangzhou in China is like Halong Bay minus the salt water - so bizarre but in the last few days feel like we're back in Vietnam.

8. Use by dates are not in common usage here - almost every can of coke, sprite, icecream etc is past the use by date. And unfortunately usually tastes that way.

9. Phil can now ride a motorised scooter at very slow speeds (also fast too but didn't have much opportunity for that). Apparently
Balancing ActBalancing ActBalancing Act

Scary man made me do this- really hurt! Alex would love it.
its harder to ride at slower speeds so he is now very skilled!

10. How to start to play the game Go. Unfortunately we are not yet skilled enough to FINISH the game Go.

11. That BOTH of us have USB connections for our cameras despite forgetting that for the last two months. The plus side of this is we can put photos on the blog now, the minus is that we could have been doing that for the last two months.

12. Phil has a twin who is famous. Girls now want him to pose in photographs with them.

13. A clever way of remembering how to say thankyou and you're welcome in Chinese. Won't be typing it, but feel free to ask!!

14. There were a lot of dynasties in China!!

15. That we aren't so good at bargaining - but we are getting better!

16. That even strangers can tell that Cat has never chopped up raw pork before, "You don't cook much, do you."

17. How to make Chinese dumplings! Yummy.

18. If you start climbing hills on the 'other' side you don't have to pay the
CrabCrabCrab

Looked delicious, tasted awful. Even the birds rejected it!
entrance fees.

19. You can't access facebook. ;( One of us is suffering more than the other, you can take guesses as to who!





Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Li RiverLi River
Li River

Halong Bay wannabee, or is it the other way round?
Scooter!!Scooter!!
Scooter!!

Phil kindly offered to drive the scooter so Barbara could come with us!
DumplingsDumplings
Dumplings

Tasted yummy!


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb