Ist Blog


Advertisement
Asia
May 2nd 2010
Published: May 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

So Hi Everyone,

Sorry this has been a long time coming. So far I have been away for just over two weeks and I am in India!! No pics as 1 takes soooo long to update and two I have forgotton the cable to connect my camera to the computer and can't use the thing big sis gave me to read sim cards - oh I am special!!!

Dubai
15th April - 22nd April

Dubai was brilliant we had alot of fun! Everyday was filled with something.

We went out for dinner at Rave's a local resturant on the street - really cheap and good Indian. We visisted the Dubai Mall which is massive with a huge fishtank in its centre and watched the fountain display to music at night which was brilliant and very relaxing - just stay up wind from the spray!!
Dad took us diving off the East Coast - and although the vis was bad there where some great schools of fish on Martini Rock and it was great to be flying in the water again.
Olivia had here first taste of Hashing which she loved - the first thing she heard was Kung Fu screaming "hi Twat how are you?' - two hashers addressing each other with Hash names. Hash House Harriers is a running 'society' which has groups all over the world where they meet to run and then drink beer mainly. This Hash was joined by the British Navy and they became our friends for the rest of the week.
We went out clubbing a couple of times, Zinc - very cool club expensive for boys as they have to pay to get in but free entry for girls! We danced the night away and then went to the flat the Navy boys where renting to carry on drinking and even ment we had a duvet morning with them before we went to the dive club - drinking place for Scuba divers.
We went out and smoked Shisha - flavoured tobacco not drugs - don't worry family xx
Tom arrived by big bro - so great to see him before my travels really started and we joined up with his friends and the Navy and went to Rock Bottom - again free drinks for girls and entry - not that we took full advantage of that as we were dancing to much and then the vodca ran out - lol. Last day was spend on the beach - being slightly stalked by locals. Olivia even had one stop and give 5 press-ups to impress her - sadly she was not impressed and we built a sand mermaid instead! The Navy boys showed us there ship as well - no not a metorphor for anything - there actual ship - we sat in the captains chair - saw and sat/played in the helicopter, drank in the offices mess, saw the missiles and guns, climb up and down everywhere, saw the beds the poor lot sleep in 6 in one very tiny compartment! Oh and tried on an amazing amount of hats - thank you loved the hats the most!

That was it for Dubai really - best way to start the trip!


India so far .....
22nd April - 2nd May

22nd - 24th Dehli
We landed in Dehli airport and thought how very easy - no idea what the fuss was about! Managed a cheap taxi from the airport and off the to the Paragange the backpackers bit of Dehli. What a shit hole, full of dust they are currently ripping up the road to replaace it for the common games, everything is soo poluted and every street corner there someone waiting to trick you in to overspending your money! No other way to describe it - we really didn';t like it there and got ripped off a good few times but also met a nice guy called Rafi who showed us a few sites - including some tombs (dont have the names to hand) India gate, presidents house etc. We did manage to work the metro which was so civerlised. We visited the red fort and it turns out we are a real site for Indians and everyone wants our picture with them - hard to say no to families so we obliged which ment standing still while they take 20pics - oh the learing curve. We left by sleeper bus on the 24th in the evening to Jaipur. The bus finally left 3hrs late and was fine and I slept pretty well - although Olivia's obviously had bed bugs and her legs where covered in bites!

25th - 27th Jaipor
25th - Again another big city but alot calmer than Dehli and cleaner. We got a rickshaw for 5rs to the hotel and slept - being Sunday nothing was open so we strolled around and eventually found a pub and enjoyed a beer basically in the dark!
26th - Decided to visit the City Palace as with travel to expensive to see all the sites. However when we arrive we meet Aussy Andrew who is travelling alone and had hired an auto rickshaw for the day and we join in with him as he was happy for the company - so we also mananged Amber Fort, Wind Palace, Lake Palace, saw carpet weaving and Olivia even managed to steal from a street urchin - as when the tuk tuk moved off this kid had her sunny;s and she screamed stop he has nicked my sunglasses so our driver stops and rescues them - but as we drive off guess what they are not her's!!
27th we left in the morning on the local bus to Pushkar.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb