2 months and Counting


Advertisement
Asia
April 25th 2010
Published: April 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Still 2 months till we start our holiday in Malaysia and Thailand. Pretty much everything is booked, but still have to book our train from Butterworth to Surat Thani. Not the longest train journey in the world at a mere 10 hours or so, but with a 6 year old and 4 year old, certainly bound to be interesting and trying at times. Thinking about purchasing a netbook so that I can get emails, send updates to this blog and most importantly play kids DVDs. Will also be bringing various other forms of amusement including the iPod, sticker books etc and hoping that the journey itself and the people in particular will provide some free entertainment.

A little worries about the food situation for the train journey, but will stock up in Penang at the Komtar Centre which has supermarkets and food outlets. Will bring my Fridge to Go to keep cold foods fresh. I think the train has a buffet car (from past memory), so hopefully can purchase fried rice and other such fare on board.

Unfortunately the train arrives at the un-Godly hour of 11pm, so no doubt will have to wake the girls up and then it's about another 20 minutes by bus or taxi to Surat Thani. Thankfully I have booked a hotel (100 Islands Resort Hotel) there so we can just crash until we catch our ferry to Koh samui the next morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb