Sentosa then Safari


Advertisement
Asia
April 6th 2010
Published: April 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

After our day of immense walking we decided that we would have a morning and afternoon off from the exercise and just relax by Singapore's major beach complex - Sentosa. The theme park island of Sentosa which is around 3km by 1km in size. To get to Sentosa we got the metro to the harbour front area. In the harbour rfont area we boarded a monorail to take us across the water and onto Sentosa Island.

Sentosa is full of interesting attrations and many diffeent options of things to do. We were only interested in one thing though and that was to find a nice sandy beach and spend some time resting in the sun. The beaches were all ok and similar, we opted to settle on the Tanjong beach which was the one that seemed the most relaxing, i.e no children screaming. It was really nice to have some times in the sweltering heat.

Sentosa was an incredible resort that has so much going for it. It has everything for everyone. After an afternoon on the island we had to make our way back to the hostel as we were going to the night safari tonight so we had to get ready. We therefore got the monorail back to the Vivo city whilst before we got the metro back we did a spot of shopping and updating our old and battered clothes. It didnt take us long to get back and after a wash and a change of clothes we wandered out the get some food. We went to a busy local place that has the locals queueing up outside the door. We interpreted this into meaning that the food was good. We had a moodle dish served in soup. It was different but really nice. It had been something i wanted to try as so many locals are eating it themselves.

After dinner we went to the pickup point whereby we had paid for a bus to pick us up and drop us off at the zoo. We arrived at the zoo around 8pm and our first action was to go to the creatures in the ampitheatre. Here we were welcomed by binturongs, otters, racoons, owls, wolves, hyenas and servals. The show demonstrated the behaviours, abilities and different skills. My personal favourite was the otters that recycled cans and bottles into the recycling bins.

After the show we went to witness the tribal dance performance. This involved tribal dances, acrobatic acts, fire-eating displays and blow pipes demonstrations. It was a good performance and quite interesting viewing.

After the two shows it was time for the main attraction - the tram ride safari- this is a ride over the landscape that dramatically changed from Himalayan foothills to the jungles of South America/ south east Asia and Africa. In all it was a 45 minute tram ride that covered 3 and a half km. We were lucky to see Rhinos, elephants, girafes, tapiers, tigers and lions. The whole setting was in the shadowy half light so the creatures were fortunately oblivious to our prescence.

The zoo was massive there is over 1000 nocturnal animals of 115 diffeent species inhabiting the 40 hectars of dense forrest. The night safari is the worlds first wildlife park with a night view. So it was an amazing experience to see the zoo in this different light. We had a great time and at 11pm after our safari tour ended we got the same bus back to our hostel and went straight to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb