Vientiane


Advertisement
Asia
March 6th 2010
Published: March 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We paid 10 pounds for a bus to vientiane, it included lunch, which wasnt actually that nice but you get what you pay for i suppose! We ended up breaking down, luckily after luch! but we were stuck on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere for about 2 hours! some people hitch hiked to vang vieng but we waited for the next bus which was cramped and bit smelly. While we were driving the roads were werent good and at one point i actually thought i was going to throw up, but it was ok i didnt!

When we got there it was about half 9 in the evening and got tuk tuk into the centre from the bus station, on the way we met this american man who didnt have anywhere to stay and asked if he could stay with us so the 3 of us found our hotel, they didnt really speak english and i didnt know you could do this but joe (the american man) haggled with the guy at the hotel and got the price down. The next day we found somewhere cheaper and more backpackery.

Vientiane was nice but there wasnt that much to do there, we went to a museum called cope about all thew bombs that had been dropped into laos in the vietnam war. it was really interesting, especially to hannah who now keeps saying she is going to raise money for it when we get home!! Everything seemed to close really early there so we always made sure we ate dinner before 8. We also went to a swimming pool one day, that was really good fun, although hannah said the slides made her feel a bit travel sick! All in all it was nice but i dont think i would go there again, at least not for more than a day.

Advertisement



14th March 2010

hey pretty ladies
Hey girls just had quick peep at face book photos, I need to keep track of how the tans is coming along!! You guys have been gone a month almost. Has it gone fast? Perhaps when Hannah gets through raising money for bomb victims she can join Darren and Julie on their campaign to save the seals!! Have fun but watch out for strange American men.xxxx
15th March 2010

Hi Amy we are all enjoying reading about your trip. Sounds like your having a great time. Keep having fun. Love from us all xxxx ps hope hannahs bites are getting better they look really painful.

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb