Unemployed in Kota Kinabalu


Advertisement
Asia
March 13th 2010
Published: March 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Kota. Louie excited that her name was included in the placards that greeted us at the airport, though we missed the photo opportunity. We asked the guy to stop off at a supermarket on the way to the resort to find some food to help dilute the litres of duty free alcohol we arrived with. The guy managed to find an ozzy supermarket where we loaded up with shapes amongst other victuals.
When we arrived at our resort, we were a liitle apprehensive about what we were going to find. Turns out this place is AWESOME! Our long walk to the beach is approx 5 metres, though there is a wall to have to negotiate. The house itself is fully modernised (only built a couple of years ago) and despite occasional mishap ie toilet flooded last night, we've loved it. Cocktails by the pool, relaxing by the pool, eating by the pool. It's been hard in other words. We've concluded that unemployment suits us, and we're also wondering whether we should bother going around the rest of Asia- why not stay here?!
The one thing that's immediately obvious is the large number of staff on duty- labour is cheap here so they can afford to hire people to raise boom gates in the middle of nowhere, and have almost a dozen people cleaning the pools with a brush. (didn't get that photo either but looked like a police search team, only in the water)
Today- more relaxing. Then things get a little busier, Andy's parents are arriving and we're going to go snorkelling. Gruelling.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



13th March 2010

Jealous!
We are just so jealous! What a view!
13th March 2010

Jealous
Guys, I am SOOO jealous. It looks incredible, take care of each other and keep having fun x x x
14th March 2010

Wow - looks lovely!
We managed to access this now after a modem crash, literally to the floor. It looks wonderfully relaxing, enjoy. We'll track you from Sydney this week, love Bev and Barry xoxo
15th March 2010

sounds like you guys are living it up something chronic. we need to chat on skype sometime soon! lemme know
17th March 2010

3 Entries and 0 comments...
Hope this blog doesn't go the same way as your last one Phil. More photos of big camp cocktails and the Indian Ocean please. That will bring the punters flocking in.

Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb