apk shanti shanti


Advertisement
Asia
March 7th 2010
Published: March 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

not a lot to update on, been chilling out at apk this week, gradually washing the dye out of my hair and skin and clothes.... hair still pink but looks quite fetching (so i am being told!).

apologies for no texts to them that would be expecting them, but my phone has stopped working! it's being sorted out maybe by later today... maybe.

this week i have been doing a bit of painting. there is an AIDS/HIV centre in the village, and they wanted us to paint a wall with pictures and words explaning the ways of getting HIV/AIDS. Lizzie did the pictures... "i don't know how to do sex..." hmmm. for a prudish country (rural areas anyway) where boys are not even allowed to talk to girls until they are married, writing the words "sexual intercourse" whilst being watched by a giggling 14 year old boy and 16 year old gfirl was something i didn't think i would be doing! anyway, no pictures as run out of batteries in camera, but hopefully i will put up a picture later. i am quite proud of my handy work actually.

slowly sorting out plans for moving on... it's a shame as apk feels like home now, but am very excited also. we got the india rail timetable "Trains at a Glance" book. glance indeed. more like "You might have a small chance of finding a train after getting a degree and committing several years to the study of this book".

am heading to pushkar, mumbai, goa with monica, and meeting up with lizzie in goa, she is doing her own thing for a couple of weeks or so.

tomorrow we are attending a demonstration for international womens day. not sure what to expect but everything is interesting here.

well, best get off, need to do a spot of shopping (try to find duracell batteries, the indian ones costing 5 rupees each not really up to the job!) and be back in time for lunch.

namaste!





Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb