JUNGLE TREKKING


Advertisement
Asia
February 26th 2010
Published: March 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

What a delight! it was actually really good experience. We got picked up about half 9 in the morning so not too late then went to a market to get food. First thing we did was go bamboo rafting, on our raft it was just me and hannah and i was so glad she sat at the front because our guide kept splashing her, he also foolishly gave her the stick to steer the raft, it ended up with him having to jump into the water to stop us crashing into the side while we just sat there laughing!! it was a great way to start the trip. After the rafting we went to village to have lunch. As i said before we were so fed up of thai food, however theymade us lunch and it was really good, all the meals they cooked us were really tasty, i thought i would never look forward to eating rice and noodles again!
Trekking up to where we were staying that night was harder than i thought it would be, very uphil. We stopped a few times which i was glad about, haha i am so unfit! The place where we stayed was next to a waterfall so we went swimming went to got there, actually hannah got in quickly and i put my foot in and decided i dont like cold water so just on the side.
Dinner was tasty and most people on the trek were french so i listened to them for most of the evening, i wanted to join in their conversations but was a bit shy because their english was soo much better than i think my french is. No one got that much sleep because it was soo cold, we had planned to go for 3days and 2 nights but hannah wasn't feeling very well on saturday so we turned back. We still got to go elephant riding. i loved it hannah did not!! the one we went on had a 4month old baby and it came with us, it was soo sweet!! Our guide just walked beside us for the first half an hour which is partly why hannah didnt like it!
It is a lot cooler here than in bangkok, still really hot but not as humid. People really stare at hannah, we were walking along the other day and i was watching thai people walking past her and was shocked at how they just stared at her, a few different people have also come up to her and asked to have their photo taken with her and when we were buying water the other day this old lady came up and started stroking her arm saying beautiful and white.oh and we were having breakfast yesterday morning and this little boy come up to us, poked hannah and just stood there staring at her for a few minutes then ran away. It was very strange.

Advertisement



1st March 2010

Good blogging
Sounds like you're having a whale of a time - keep the updates coming. Love you, dad x x x
3rd March 2010

omg thats weird why do they stare at her and not u I dnt get it wats different!???? sounds amazing shame u had 2 leave early but still an amazing experience!!! I am reli loving these blogs amez wiv eds pics and ure blogs it makes us feel like we are a part of it!!!! Take care of each other and love u and miss u lots x z z x x x
5th March 2010

Time travel
Just noticed the date - March 26, are you doing time travel as well? Paula says hello, Take care, love you x x x

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb