Thailand again


Advertisement
Asia
November 30th 2009
Published: November 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well we have been on the road traveling for 5 weeks now, but has only just occurred to me to use this instead of a travel diary so will try to do a quick recap!

Flew into Bangkok, it is the 6th time we have been there now, and immediately we headed for our favorite haunts for some amazing local food from a street cart, (pad Thai, mmm) and then for a few cold Chang beer ($2 for a long neck...bloody cheaper than Sydney!) It makes me laugh how the Chang label states it contains 'at least' 6.4% alcohol lol.

After a few days headed to Ko Chang, we did not go to this island on our last trip. We met some cool people, from the UK and spent most nights with them enjoying changs and buckets (scary drink....a cocktail served in a kiddies sand bucket.....I learnt after our last trip that more than 1 or 2 has horrendous results the next day 😊

Ko chang was lovely, although th emore built up areas are quite touristy and have the girly 'sex tourist' bars, we found the backpacker area on lonley beach to be chilled out and with similar people like us, and not a girly bar in site! The sand was so white and the water was crystal clear and torquise in colour.

When i went into the water, I felt so calm, so relaxed, so happy. I was telling Andrew how overjoyed, happy and relaxed I was in this paradise beach, when a jelly fish proceeded to sting me on the leg at the end of my sentence. Bloody jellyfish, he must have heard me and decided to ruin my moment!

Watching the sunset each night from the beach bar on the water was spectacular, such a chilled out way to start our holiday.

PS. Our SD card with 500ish photos from Thailand has got a error, we cant not see them and are not sure if they are lost. Gutted! So no photos from here yet, hopefully we can sort out the card when we get home. (which will not be for a while...yee ha!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb