The start of SE Asia


Advertisement
Asia
November 13th 2009
Published: November 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The start of SE Asia



We landed in Bangkok, all dead excited, india had be great but was not on many peoples traveller trail, and so we couldn't wait to get into the thick of it all!
Landing in Bangkok was alot more laid back than landing in india and we easily found an over priced taxi to take us to Kosan Road, 'The gate way of southeast Asia'. Kosan road is a thriving community that caters to the every need of the budget traveller, the cheapest of the cheap designer clothes, cd albums, ipod videos, swimming shorts, sunglasses, jewlerry, tattoo artists annd loads of bars! It also had many massage palours which had the intention of giving you a little more than a massage! One palour was even called 'Happy ending' haha. We ventured out onto the streets of Kosan road for the first time in the evening as our flight had arrived in the afternoon. As soon as we stepped onto the street, we were bombarded by old men making popping noises at us wherever we went. As you walked passed they would whisper 'Pingpong?' in you're ear and then again make a popping noise with their mouth at you, give you a cheeky smile and a wink, if you looked at them strangely they would act as if the whole incident had never happened and walk off quickly! I found this helerious! We spent four days here, the first two were ammazing, the second night we went out drinking, the first drink i bought was a 'bucket' a bucket literally is what it says it is, a bucket filled with normally a bottle of some kind of spirit, a very very strong thai spirit called Mekong and a bottle of the pure syryp of a red bull, don't get me wrong they are really tasty but you are gone after drinking two! Street food on Kosan road mainly consists of pad thai, spring rolls, the odd scorpian and meat you couldnt quite place being cooked on BBQs. Obviously i had to try the cuisine, but this quickly back fired on me as before the evening was over i had began to be violently sick. Needless to say i was unable to leave the toilet bowl for the next 24 hours, I had to scrap the bus ticket i had bought to travel over the boarder to Cambodia that day, as the thought of a 19 hour bus ride with no toilet sounded like my idea of hell.
Once my tummy had stopped churning we made our way across the boarder to cambodia, this was the most rediculous boarder crossing i have ever come across. (i haven't been across many yet, but it was still not what i was expecting) Once we had got to the village closest to the border we had to take a tuk tuk to the actual boarder crossing, we were taken to a small building which seemed to be in the middle of nowhere, this, we were told, was where we get our visas. We were sat down by some boys who i swear couldn't have been any older than 17 years of age who then gave us documentation to fill out, It was all in thai so i kept filling out the wrong part with the wrong details, in the end a guy filled it out for me, offered to sign it, which i declined and then proceeded to offer me majuana which again i appologtically declined! Who has ever heard of a border crossing where the goverment offer you majuana to smoke across the border!!?


Advertisement



30th November 2009

made me laugh
Great Josh. serves you right being so ill after all we've taught you!!! Do keep this up, am loving reading it!

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb