ni hau


Advertisement
Asia
August 27th 2009
Published: August 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ni Hau

Long time no internet!!!! We are currently sitting in a crazy internet arcade with about 300 chinese people all playing computer games - its mental!

Well what can I say China is MASSIVE. It is over populated by millions of people and cars! We came out of the airport at about 10am and it took us 5 hours to find our hotel - NO taxi drivers knew where our hotel was so we jumped on a bus to the trianstation...then we got into a tuk-tuk which dropped us off in a back street in the middle of no-where! It was good fun though - riding on the back of a pedal bike in a 10 lane road (10 lanes either side that is...) then we walked for about 2 hours and stopped at the hilton to seek help from RAMBO ha ha ha...walked for another half hour, then we finally found a driver who knew where to go!

So our first stop was Beijing (population 7 billion) - which means Captial of the North. Went to the Great Wall of China which was amazing...it is 750 miles long and we walked for about erm 2 of those!!! We stopped for a rest at one point and were surrounded by Chinese tourists taking photo's of us!! I told them we were the Spice Girls, and guess what they couldn't understand us. No change there then. We went to Tian'anmen Square which is so vast, you could (if you really wanted to) fit 1/2 a million people onto it. We also visited The Forbidden City. Summer Palace was beautiful, we hired a pedal boat and Warwick jumped onto another pedal boat in the middle of the lake, full of Chinse people, they loved it. We have been hanging out with Warick and his bro Alex and an American girl called Brooke - we are the DAWGS ha ha ha (well when you have 18 hour train journeys, things get a little twisted. I loved Beijing though, it is full of history.

Beijing > Shanghai...sleeper train...10pm - 11am...13hours

Shanghai (info a little less detailed now its sweltering in here) oh and on that note, the weather is weird. No sunshine at all even though we have caught the sun, just smog! it gets really hot then usually rains for an hour and it really rains.

History Museum
Travelled over the Bund - a river in Shanghai
Watched an Acrobatic show - hmm not worth the dollar really!
Shanghai is all about construction, if there is a free bit of land they will build on it!
Overall this has been my least favourite so far...

Shanghai > Xi'an...sleeper train...4pm - 8am...16 hours

(pronounced Tsi'an, population 700,000)

Xi'an was lovely, very historical. The whole city is surrounded by a huge wall for defense purposes. We hired a tandem bike and rode along the wall (19km) which was funny as we we going so fast all the way round we nearly fell off. We went out that night, found a few bars and had a few beers. Day 2 we visited the Museum of the Terracotta Warriers. This was amazing and gave me a chance to do some more drawing, it was a real culture shock. I have no time to write about it now but will do later.

Xi'an > Yichang (this is where we are right now)...sleeper train 9am - 1am.....this was a big bastard journey but we had a ball.

This is how to entertain yourself when your couped up on a train for a long old time: sleep, read, play killer, play scrabble, play mafia (4 hours - time flies when you're having fun!) eat, draw, FEW BEERS, singing for 2 hours (we pissed a few people off singing #boom shake shake shake the room, and #relight my fire, and #tragedy!!!

So in an hour or so we are off to the Yangtzee river where we are getting onto a boat and travelling south down the river for 2 nights and 3 days - can't wait to see the sights and detox for a few days...well until we have our DAWGS Toga PARTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (which consists of us dressing up in white bed sheets and drinking beer, its all planned we had 18 hours on a train remember!!!)

So long my friends

C Dawg and Lou Dawg xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps - facebook is banned in china!!!

Advertisement



27th August 2009

Yeh an update!
Facebook is banned in China??!!! Blimey they are paranoid! Want to know more about the Museum of the Terracotta Warriers when you have time, sounds fantastic. China sounds like a right culture shock but bet your having some crazy experiences!! Please send pictures when you can i'd love to see what it all looks like. 10 lane roads??! Their bonkers about construction aren't they? Really jealous of your weird and funny experiences. Lots of love. x
27th August 2009

Chalry and Rou Dawg
Have fun gilrs.....sounds BLIRRIANT.

Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb