Koh Phangan


Advertisement
Asia
August 7th 2009
Published: August 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Readers will be pleased to hear that the boat back from stormy Ko Tao to Koh Phangan was potentially one of the most terrifying experiences of our lives, and we both thought we were going to die. Luckily, we did not, and made it safely back to the glorious Coco Huts, to be greeted by our irish (because everyone who comes to Thailand is irish) neighbours, who had been wondering where we'd disappeared to. We spent time at our accommodation, on our beach and in the pool, playing volleyball etc etc and were faced with a very exciting storm, which came in out of nowhere, and blew a tree into the pool! There was much running and grabbing of belongings, it was all very exciting...
The next day we had dinner with Amy's friends from home, and arranged to spend the day exploring the north of the island with them the next day. We hired quad bikes (fear not, amy drove) and right up to the north of the island, along the bumpiest dirt track in the world. The scenery was spectacular, and we arrived to find the most amazing deserted beach. A real highlight. That evening was the Full Moon Party, so we headed back to Coco where we had a really good buffet and cocktail party to initiate the festivities. The party was pretty mind-blowing. We went up to a rooftop bar and had a spectacular view of the beach, which was literally swarming with people. A very surreal experience. We woke up this morning feeling slightly worse for wear, but hopped straight on a boat (pretty hair-raising again. we're glad to see the back of them) and headed to Chumphon, where we have to wait till midnight to get a sleeper train. We have so far filled our time with a visit to an ice cream parlour, where we gorged ourselves until our eyes bled...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb