Kanchanaburi


Advertisement
Asia
July 26th 2009
Published: July 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On Friday we arrived in Bangkok, to which we were not particularly endeared, partly because we were definitely ripped off by a taxi driver, and partly because it was a dump. However, on Saturday we made a swift escape south to Kanchanaburi, which we LOVE. We are staying in Sugarcane Guest House, in raft rooms floating on the river! It's pretty swell, and costs us 1.50 pounds each a night, which is overwhelmingly exciting. On Sunday, we went to the 7-tiered Erewan Waterfalls, which we trekked to the top of. In Topshop plimsolls. Yet more excitement. We then went swimming in the falls. If you stopped moving, you got bitten on the feet by the fish, which wasn't painful but still slightly concerning. From the falls we went on to the Elephant farm and got a ride on the back of an elephant which was actually pretty terrifying. Then we got in a van and were taken down to the river, which we drifted down on a bamboo raft. Very tranquil. I got burnt. After this we went on to the Death Railway something-or-rather, which is supposed to be the cultural/historical site, but we didn't pay much attention...we also went to the Kanchanaburi Bridge, which wasn't overly impressive. Tomorrow we are going Bangkok to explore, and hopefully enjoy, it more.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb