Stopover in Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Asia
July 22nd 2009
Published: July 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We're coming to the end of a fantastic 24 hours in Malaysia, at the airport waiting for our flight to Vietnam. It's been a nice introduction to Asia, a bit noisy and hot and busy and bustling, but I'm sure nowhere near as bad as where we're heading now! So we're easing ourselves in gently.

Thanks to airpoints, we spent a night in an amazing hotel - The Shangri-La in Kuala Lumpur. We were on the wrong side of the hotel to see the towers but it was still an amazing experience, finished off by having our bed turned down and slippers put out for us at night!

We managed to navigate the monorail and trains to go out exploring chinatown and Petaling street market last night, then took some photos of the Petronas towers which look absolutely stunning at night. Unfortunately the photos don't do it justice.

Then today we tried to head up the towers themselves but by the time we managed to drag ourselves out of our supremely comfortable bed they had allocated all the tickets for the day, so we had to make do with taking photos from down below. A quick trip to central market for some shoe shopping and lunch, then we made the long journey back to the airport, marvelling at the amount of construction going on the entire way.

All in all we've been really impressed with how clean and easy to get around Kuala Lumpur is, and we might have to come back here one day to do some more exploring!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



24th July 2009

Hi Jake and Jen
Dear both Looks fab, have a great trip. Sorry I have not e-mailed written to for years. Have fun, Si and Tor are really excited about meeting up. Jmaie

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb